This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Question about listed Merchant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuttman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Question about listed Merchant Reply with quote

I was hoping someone may be able to give me some information about one of the merchants listed on our links page. I have been having some trouble getting in touch with Jeff Davis at Steel and Stone, who makes knives and hatchets under Middle Ground Smith. I just wondered if anyone may know him personally, or why I have not been able to get a reply to my e-mails or US mail inquiries for the last month. I would not want to make public this matter until I find out what is wrong. Many thanks.
Nuttman
diggler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my dealings with Jeff Davis have been fair and honest and prompt. He's a stand-up guy. I know for a spell he had two email accts. The aol acct. is not the good one. The verizon address is the good one.

I got a beautiful little hatchet from him and sent him a thanks! and at that time it was about a week and a half before i got a reply from him. He was busy with things. Otherwise, he's been quite available.

cheers,
Dirk
ThomasR.
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuttman,

I have one of his knives, it is very well made and holds an edge quite well. The one I bought came with a sheath, that was hand stitched.

As stated above, he is very prompt and a true gentleman to deal with. He might have been at an event or events over the last few weekends, just a thought.

Take care,

ThomasR
norwest trade gun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: jeff davis Reply with quote

jeff suffered a bad hand injury about one month ago. he has made me numorous items and he is a fine craftsman. i think he is alsobusy at work since snow melted. he runs a saw mili. u can send a letter to him at bx 147 windfall, indiana forgot zip code
Nuttman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Jeff Davis Merchant Reply with quote

Fellows,

Thanks for the replys. I just got an e-mail from Jeff and everything is O.K. as far as our business. I hate to report that his Mother has been ill and he had been tied up with family matters. He is a fine fellow with a fine Southern name. I will definitely be doing business with him again.
Many thanks.
Herschel
Dave Muns
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this issue has already been settled but I want to add the icing on the cake. I own one of Jeff's axes and not only is his workmanship second to none but his business practices are top notch as well. I will definetely purchase from him again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com