This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
downloading photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david50
User

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: downloading photos Reply with quote

hey guys how do i download photos on the round robin

Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Associasion member #277
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LRB
User

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, the best way I know of is to get a free account with "photobucket.com", then you download there, upload here. After you get a pic downloaded, you click your mouse in "image" under the photo, they have three options under your photo, ctrl and c, then punch Jasons img box, then ctrl and v, and you've got it.
david50
User

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

i have a photo storage system on my computer i just dont know how to get there here

Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Associasion member #277
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Adam W

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try going to the photo album area here and at the bottom you'll see where you can upload photo's. Go through that process and then once it's on the site's photo area, bring the picture up and then right click on the photo. Go to properties and ctrl-c the big long http..bla,blah, yada ,yadda line.

Then go to your ad or post or whatever and either hit edit or reply and up top underneath the subject line you'll see some buttons one of which is IMG....hit that and press ctrl-v to paste what you copied earlier and then press the IMG button up top again. It should read something like:
[img] blah,blah, whatever[img]

Then hit preview to double check that it worked.

Hope I didn't make that too confusing....

Adam
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Adam Reply with quote

That doesn't work.

[img]http://historicaltrekking.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=5[/img]

However you can use the album to create a link to the image.

http://historicaltrekking.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=5

Why it doesn't work, I have no idea, could be because it doesn't see either jpg or gif or whatever. Kind of weird, maybe I will see if I can find a mod for it.

When I setup the album that was functionality I had hoped would work. (What you described I mean).

JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Testing. Reply with quote

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Scratch That... Reply with quote

Ok,
I got it to work. If you want to post an image in your message OR in your Round Robin ad, follow these steps.

Open the image on your computer. Resize the image so that it is no more than 800 pixels wide and 600 pixels tall. Save it as a JPG at about 60% quality, so that the filesize is under 128KB.

Then Login to the Forums here, click on Album, Click on Your Personal Gallery, Click on Upload Pic, Fill Out the form, upload the pic, go back to your personal gallery, click on the thumbnail so that the picture open up fullsize. Select the location. (Will look something like http://historicaltrekking.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=5 )

Copy it (CTRL-C, or Edit, Copy) Then go to the Forum you wish to post on, click reply or new topic, in the body of that paste the Image URL (something like http://historicaltrekking.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=5) select it again and click the IMG box. That will add the IMG /IMG tags to it.

Type the rest of your message and you're done.

I hope that this helps.
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Adam W

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that what I said?

You did make it sound more understandable I guess.

Adam
LRB
User

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I think photobucket is easier, but I will try the Jason way when I get a chance.
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Adam... Reply with quote

Adam,
That is what you said, but when you said it, it wouldn't work.

I had to hack the bbcode (the code that allows you to make the [img] tags) so that it would accept the URL from the Photo Album.

If you take a look at my first reply, you will see the code there is correct, but the bbcode didn't replace it the image, I used the same exact code after the bbcode was hacked and now it works for new messages *grin*.

JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Adam W

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4. You still probably described it clearer than me tho............

Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com