This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
tax number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsara
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: tax number Reply with quote

went to a rendezvous this weekend and for the very first time I was told to register as a trader I needed to show a copy of my tax license or pay a larger fee???????????????????? I thought the only time I needed to show it was when asking for an account with a business to buy from. Great event , but some of them have gone to the deep end of the pool with their new idea's. !!!! what about kids using cross sticks on the woods walk?? they told me that the kids take up too much time so they were not going to let them use them, but they decided they would let them before the day was over....... somehow I thought that we were teaching the youth how to shoot??? Is it time for me to retire ??? golly, I hope not.... just one more question , had some problems with a teenager there over money hauling wood to the primitive camps..... did not have any idea who contact when in the middle of the night they wanted to band together and raise hell, so I had to go to the primitive and find someone to help me at one in the morning and nobody knew who was the bushway... or where his camp was ???? thanks for your thoughts on this . sara
bob miller
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you stumbled on a poorly run event. They're not all like that.
I'd raise your concerns with the organizers and see if you get some answers .
If not....don't go back next year. You probably won't be the only one.
justsara
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: tax number Reply with quote

this is where I started out as a trader many many moons ago....
do they not want traders to come ??? Had we woke up to flat tires not sure if they had wanted to see that side of me.......I think they should ask the kid and his Mom not to come back !!!!!
coloneltubbs
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Tax Number Reply with quote

Sara,
I know for certain that in Texas you must display your Tax certificate in your store. That is required even out in the woods at an event. I must assume that the event coordinator wants to be certain folks selling items are actually dealer and not a fly by night company.

As for the teenagers acting up, contact the event organizers as suggested and let them know of the situation. Just curious, where were the Dog Soldiers? Isn't their job to police the event?

Hope the hand is doing better. Crushed mine last weekend so I feel your pain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com