This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
17th Century Pemaquid Mayne Cod Fishing Crew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul C. Daiute
User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: 17th Century Pemaquid Mayne Cod Fishing Crew Reply with quote

I'm looking to build a five man cod fishing crew for Pemaquid 2016. Two men will interpret the dry cure process and three men will talk about the catching of the fish. We'll wear documented clothing, have the proper mess kit and foods as well as fishing gear. Because we are focusing on the last quarter of the 17th century and are in the middle of King Philip's War we will be properly armed. The event will be held at Pemaquid, Maine on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the last July weekend. Anyone interested in acting as adjunct staff for the site please pm me. You can expect to talk with the public for up to 6 hours straight.
Paul, (Israel Codder)
Paul C. Daiute
User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have most everything we need in terms of fishing equipment as well as firearms. All you'll need to do is get the proper clothing if you don't already have it. Caps, jackets, shirts, neck cloth, breeches, slops, sliders, mittens, stockings, bare feet, shoes or sea boots, aprons and your set. I'll provide you with the kit to put your hand line frames together and you get the 360 feet of cod line, hooks, and jigs. This would be a good father son living history project. Boys ages 10 to 13 years + or - were used to turn the fish, place the fish on the dressing table, help offload the fish cook and do errands.
Come to 1675-1700 Pemaquid! Who'll join me??
Israel Cod'r
Paul C. Daiute
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Be part of it! Reply with quote

I still have room for one more man in my boat crew. If you have an interest in 17th century New England History this is the place to set up and educate the public as well as your fellow interpretive historians. This is a great alternative to the customary muster or reenactment with it's obligatory battle. This is a quality event with an international group of historians. There will be archaeologists excavating the site even as we walk around them. Underwater archaeologist and author of "Searching for the Angel Gabriel" and " Ship Under Wall "street" will be lecturing about 17th century ships and small boats. Two reproduction 17th century boats will be there to sail and row. Three days of great information, exhibits, food, ina a 17th century context. Come join in or stop by as a visitor in preparation for participation in 2017. This is a destination event of living historians. Contact me via pm for more information.
Israel Coda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com