This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Steamburg camp and shoot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Steamburg camp and shoot Reply with quote

Steamburg Shoot and Camp

Razz put together a excellent “Mid 1700s” Camp and Shoot this past weekend. The location was a beautiful secluded tract of woods mixed with some open meadows in Southern New York not far from the PA border. I arrived early Saturday and set up camp with Razz and Ed next to a small pond. After getting my oil cloth set up and a few other items put in order, it was time to do some shooting at the targets that Razz had setup along a natural backstop. Razz had put up some very creative targets hidden in the shadows of the woods at the edge of the big meadow. By then more Guys started to arrive. A lot of powder was used, a few targets were hit. Everyone was having a great time shooting. Lunch was a bit of Jerky along with some Trail Bread that Razz had brought. By mid afternoon some of the guys who had just came for the day started to head out. Late afternoon was spent trying to catch some fish using some small forged hooks and a handline. I wasn’t succesful but it was fun using my fishing gear that I had carried in my kit. Evening brought cooler temps and a bit of a relief from the hot temps of the Afternoon. A fire was started and we cooked up some venison, a few potatoes and a little tea. After Dinner Razz, Ed and I took a hike through a beautiful tract of woods over to a Neighbour of Razz’s that had expressed some interest to him earlier about what we were up to. The look on the Neighbour’s faces sitting on their porch as three Mid 18th Century Woodsman emerged unanounced from the woods and then procceded across the open field in front of their old farm house was priceless. We visted with them for a bit showing them or gear and demonstrating our guns. Later back at Camp, We were treated to a fantastic sunset followed by the moon and stars and some vocal bullfrogs. It doesn’t get much better than that. The next morning after rekindling the fire and making a quick breakfast, we shot some more and grungendly packed up. Thank You Razz for putting together a excellent Camp and Shoot.

Brian
Buffler Razz
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian
Thanks for coming and more importantly for kindling the idea. I'm sure my neighbor was surprised when we "raided his camp". We certainly had a good time, too bad the day trippers had to leave, twas truly a grand sunset. Can't wait to see the pictures and lay plans for the fall trek on the property.
Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com