This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Easy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Easy Reply with quote

Pathfinder,
It is easy *grin*. Just open the old links page:

http://www.historicaltrekking.com/links.shtml

Open the new links section:

http://www.historicaltrekking.com/forums/links.php

And choose a section in the old, check each link (clicking on it making sure that it really is what it says it is), then post it to the new links area. You just have to do 3 things.

Name of Link, Link URL (address) & the description. All of the information is there, you just have to copy & paste.

When you click on a link it should open it in a new window, you can copy the address from the new window, the Name & Description are right there on the links page.

Thanks!
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pathfinder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,

I did a run through and of course forgot that what ever I make as a link will have my profile and photo...............so what should I do? Having my photo on every link would be great if I was running for office, however I don't think everyone wants to see me repeated dozens of times everytime they open the links page............Gosh just ask my wife what it's like to see my ugly mug evryday!.............or am I just that stupid?

Doug
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Don't worry about it. Reply with quote

Doug,
Don't worry about it! *grin*. All fo the stuff I switched over has mine and although its better, it ain't much better *big grin*.
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pathfinder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but you're already "president" for you it's like having your face on the dollar bill...........okay I'll work on it today!

Wish me luck!

Pathfinder
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: I don't think so. Reply with quote

President, HA!

I'm just a guy who is decent with a computer and lucky enough to get to do something I love for a living.

That's all, nothing special.
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Pathfinder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Jason Reply with quote

I'm nearly 2/3 of the way through, but suddenly my computer is running slow. There's been a number which have had expired pages and a couple that wouldn't open at all like "Scott and Cathy Sibley" powder horns........................so I'm going to give it rest for a little while........shouldn't take much more than an hour or so to finish.........I'm sorta slow........and old......crippled.....can't see real good...........hungry........thirsty.............stuff!
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Fine Job Reply with quote

Doug,
You're doing a fine job! I really appreciate it.
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Pathfinder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Jason Reply with quote

Jason

Okay I think I'm done....................I think there may be some who think I'm really full of my self...............if there isn't some already who do!

Let me know if there is something more I can do.

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com