This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longhunter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: New Posts? Reply with quote

It seems like you have to scroll through the discussions and try and remember what you already read.

How do you get it to jump to the new posts in a thread when you go back to a topic?
Mike/MO
User

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are logged in, you have the option on the list of forums to view new entries, replies to your messages, replies since your last visit. In addition, the Icon on the left of the topic line will indicate new messages since your last visit if it is yellow.

Nice new features.
Longhunter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a button called, "view new entries". Also, when I click on a thread that has two pages of posts, it doesn't jump to the first UNREAD post, it goes to the first post in the thread.

What am I missing?
Longhunter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look to the far right at the last posted entered and click on the page icon, it takes you to that post.....from there just back track.

There may be another way of doing it, but that is all I have figured out.

Morgan

Longhunter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
If you look to the far right at the last posted entered and click on the page icon, it takes you to that post.....from there just back track.

Morgan

Thank you. That's what I figured. Back tracking through a dozen posts to try and determine where you left off is very time consuming and not easy. Many boards take you to the first new post since your last visit.

Oh well.
Longhunter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:

Morgan

Thank you. That's what I figured. Back tracking through a dozen posts to try and determine where you left off is very time consuming and not easy. Many boards take you to the first new post since your last visit.

Oh well.
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eureka...this is it! (I think)

At the bottom of the posts it gives you an option to display the posts either by the oldest first or the newest first. It's easier if you list them by newest first.

Not sure if this will help you in viewing the posts, but it helped me.

Morgan

Longhunter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
Eureka...this is it! (I think)

At the bottom of the posts it gives you an option to display the posts either by the oldest first or the newest first. It's easier if you list them by newest first.

Not sure if this will help you in viewing the posts, but it helped me.

Morgan

I don't mean to be a complainer, but reading them backwards doesn't work for me either. That kind of ruins the flow of the discussion.

It's okay, I accept it for what it is.

Thanks
Don Abbott
User

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are registered and logged in...

go to the main page of the forums (index)...

just above the blue bar, on the RIGHT side you will see a line of text that reads "View posts since last visit".

Click on this. It will show you every post made on all forums since you last visited. Again, you must be registered and logged in.

Don
Longhunter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Abbott wrote:
If you are registered and logged in...

go to the main page of the forums (index)...

just above the blue bar, on the RIGHT side you will see a line of text that reads "View posts since last visit".

Click on this. It will show you every post made on all forums since you last visited. Again, you must be registered and logged in.

Don

Yes, that's true, but it still doesn't help you go back into a specific discussion and take up where you left off.

I have accepted the fact that this feature does not exist on this board - it's okay - I don't care anymore.
aharper

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that, on subjects marked as having new posts, to the immediate left of the post subject in the list there is an icon of an arrow pointing at an orange colored page. Clicking on this seems to take me to the first new post in the thread since my last visit. Worth a try!

Andrew Harper
Capt Mike

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: maybe Reply with quote

Maybe Jason can put a feature on here that says 'read my mind and take me to the post I actually want to read now.'

Crikey.
Longhunter

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: maybe Reply with quote

Capt Mike wrote:
Maybe Jason can put a feature on here that says 'read my mind and take me to the post I actually want to read now.'

With all due respect, I'm talking about a feature that is built into most bulletin board systems. Thanks for your uninformed input.
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: User Deleted Reply with quote

Longhunter was asked to comply with the real name request and his response was to delete his username.

So his Username has been deleted and this topic is locked.
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com