This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
2017 turkey season is now history

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Traditional Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wattlebuster
User

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: 2017 turkey season is now history Reply with quote

I had a good yr even though just 2 longbeards hit the ground. I didnt get to hunt much but I managed to kill 2 with my 12 ga iron mounted Joe Schell built flintlock that I call Achilles. The shots were close an the gun an load did its job flawlessly. One of the birds only had one spur. I should have had 4 but a couple of them were them sneaky silent come in from behind you evil devil bred toms that we all love an adore. Im getting old an cant hear them like I used too an both these busted me. Oh well thats turkey hunting. I hope you guys that are still getting to hunt has some great hunts

bob miller
User

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any turkey taken with a flintlock arm is a prize , and...they sure are tasty !
I've had good luck with my New England fowling gun [ 10 bore] and we enjoyed left overs along with new roasted potatoes for supper last night .
Yummy !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Traditional Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com