This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
on the trail
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: mario Reply with quote

Mario wrote:
Mistakes aren't/weren't the problem. It's how they were dealt with.

Like I said in my previous post, you are right. I did not handle things in the best possible matter. I would consider the way I dealt with those issues to be a mistake. I am asking for your forgiveness for those mistakes.

Mario wrote:
As a business man in the 21st century, it is almost a requirement. Like it or not.

Saying you don't have the time to use the tools around you makes me even less inclined to have business dealings with you.

I believe we have a miscommunication/misunderstanding here. I didn't say I don't use the tools around me.

I said I do not check the board regularly nor do I follow any other board. What I mean is that taking a look at the various forums/social media/etc. Is not part of my daily routine.

I do stay on top of our business pages on Facebook because I am notified when something is posted. I also check to see if I have any Private Messages here on a regular basis.

I do not check the individual forums here to see if a question has been asked of me. Frankly it happens incredibly rarely... (Before the Muzzleloader purchase was brought up, the last question someone had for me was in February and before that I can't even remember the last time someone posted a question for me).

I am beginning to think that no matter how much improvement I make, no matter how much more communicative or open I am, that your opinion of me is so biased that you will never give me a fair shake.

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mario
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: mario Reply with quote

Jason wrote:

I am beginning to think that no matter how much improvement I make, no matter how much more communicative or open I am, that your opinion of me is so biased that you will never give me a fair shake.

How many "fair shakes" is someone supposed to give?

As I said before: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Mario

http://bycanoeandsnowshoe.blogspot.com/
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message
Condé
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no trouble with OTT for several years now. When there was trouble patience always solved it. Going back 2 or more years to get the baggage is not about the problems it is about wanting to carry baggage.

___

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you are gonna be dumb you better be tough"

www.condetrading.com
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
AxelP
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure jason is turnng a new leaf or has learned anything from his past mistakes in poor communication or customer service. Talk is cheap.

BUT life is too short, and we all miss "perfect" by a far piece. He is coming to us on his own forum with hat in hand.... gotta respect that.

I am willing to give the guy a new chance. His magazine has been less than great from a design standpoint (opinion), but the content is interesting and quite readable. Maybe with Bill's help and using the infrastructure already in place for Muzzleloader, he will be able to create a better product, ship it in a timely manner, and solve his customer service issues.

I hope so! I wish you the best jason, I really do. I'd be willing to help give some design suggestions pro-bono with no strings. email me if you are interested. I'd sure like to see this pub be successful.

K

42flint
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when Jason was having trouble with his magizine he said no one would loose any money and was true to his word as far as I know. The new muzzleloader is a very nice issue and if thats what the future holds, GREAT. For thouse who do not take it you are screwing yourself out of some good reading and education. To the Future!
Tom Black
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,
I'm behind you on this 100%. Never forget there is no statute of limitations on atomic wedgy's.
Tom Black
Cantucky
Willis Creek
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: On The Trail Reply with quote

Well, Ive subscribed to Muzzleloader since 1979 off and on. Taken OTT for two yrs. Like them both. Think Jason has the sand to keep ML up to snuff. I also think some folks just like to bellyache. If you ain't having fun with this, you aint doing it right. Maybe ought to take up knitting or something.

AxelP
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managing and keeping a magazine that has a pretty small and fluctuating subscription has got to be very difficult. With dependence upon volunteer articles and images... The begining is sure to be rocky unless one has a huge amount of capital. I'd guess that Jason has gone thru the gaunlet and has the scars to prove it. He has survived so far. But it has been a bumpy ride it seems...

I'd like to see Muzzleloader Mag continue to grow and thrive after this transition...as well as the other pubs out there that entertain the hobby.

Willis, knitting has several great magazines that have been around for quite a while and have pretty good design/layouts. I bet they are delivered on time, and the advertisers and the readers are quite happy. But the magazine is not the generator of happiness in the hobby of knitting, and neither is a magazine the reason we enjoy our hobby. If it was, I would have saved a lot of money and time--- and just sat on the couch and flipped pages. instead of actually going out and doing it.

I guess I do not equate the demise of one magazine as the end of what I enjoy doing. Magazines come and go. I hope this one will grow and thrive.

But in saying that, I will add that it will not grow or thrive unless it keeps the readers and the advertisers engaged and happy.

K

Adam Wetherington
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my latest copy of ML today, right on schedule. Looks Really good Jason! Best wishes!

Adam
boone
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason - Rec'd my first issue of the "New Muzzleloader" today and, in general, it is well enough done. The article mix was good, color repro gets a B+
(some badly washed out), the TVM advert was messed up somehow, but
this issue is clearly a fine continuation of the ML style and quality.

I wrote two articles for Bill and very much enjoyed working with him - excellent communication as we put them together, good edit (very little needed), and the final product was something to be pleased with.

You got big shoes to fill here, but I think you are up to it and can continue the fine work of past years. I also hope you do not lose some of the "backwoods flavor" of OTT - while imperfect in some ways, it had a quality that I think plays well in this field.

Bill passed on another article of mine, that he had accepted but not yet run, and I sure hope you give it a look. I very much enjoy the writing and
would like to continue, should you desire.

Meanwhile, best to you and the New Age of Muzzleloader..

With regards,

Boone

shorthunter
User

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason. Good luck with all of this. You have always been straight forward with your replies to me and are a true gentelman. As for some of those who have beaten your name around like a dog's chew toy..... Well just look at some of their postings on FF and other sites and you will understand that no matter what you say it will NOT be to their liking. I like your idea of sitting down face to face and talking out problems with those people but you will find that most of those who fame others on internet sites like this one will not do it face to face. Remember what my Dad always said "Don't get in a pissing match with a skunk". He also stated to me that when you take money for services, some people feel they own you and your name too. Good luck in the future and you will always be a first rate stand up guy to me. Chuck

Crooked River
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never subscribed to On the Trail, but I have been a subscriber to Muzzleloader for years. Jason has been at the helm for the past two or three issues, I believe, and the transition has been seamless. The same writers, same columns, same editorial content and quality have continued. I do see a few new names in the "Prime Possibles" product review section, and maybe a few more color photos, but these are the only changes I have noticed. The magazine has continued to arrive on time and in good shape. The plastic wrap, incidentally, is a good thing. I hope this continues, also.

The Scurlocks did an outstanding job with Muzzleloader for many years, and by all appearances, Jason has received and is carrying the baton. I will continue to subscribe, and will cheerfully recommend it to traditional blackpowder shooters and history buffs.

Brent
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent,
Thank you very much! I a glad that you are enjoying MUZZLELOADER.

The new names you are seeing are the staff writers from On The Trail. OTT was similar to MUZZLELOADER except it had a much tighter focus. Any article that was printed in OTT would have worked in ML, but not vice-versa.

I agree with you, it was a great magazine while Bill & Linda were publishing it (I had been a subscriber since 1995). Aside from a few tweaks... Mainly making it full color. I don't plan on changing anything else. All of the same writers are staying on board and we're going to keep publishing the same kind of articles and same variety of articles.

Thank you,
Jason

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Walking Crow
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we have it,, now grab a "Snicker" and relax...Some have identified a/the problem, as they see it,,however they failed to post a solution !!!
One should never come down from the mountain and tell those who fought the battle how they should have fought it.
I don't subscribe to OTT but I did get 60 back issues in a blanket trade,,lots to read,,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> MUZZLELOADER / On The Trail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com