This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
What has happened to this board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kopfjaeger
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmike wrote:
not many howdy's are passed around here,don't know why,but I am a loner anyways

I'm a lot like you mtmike. I'm a loner also. But I do like to have discussions on flintlocks, hunting, and trading information. Even though there is not a whole lot of activity on this site there is also not a lot of arguing, and bickering, like on some of the other sites. And that is very refreshing to me.

Last edited by kopfjaeger on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul C. Daiute
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,
Please read Jason's post to Mark. Jason--- "Personally I would rather have a dead Web site and a vibrant hobby." I agree.
Paul
kopfjaeger
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul I did read it before I posted. I agree with Jason 100%.

But I would really hate to see Historical Trekking shut down.

mtmike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in agreement,,I would hate to see this site close,,but can honestly say,will NOT follow it to Facebook. I have heard it is already a battlefield over there.
ghrussell
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us can no longer go trekking, so we live through these boards vicariously. It would be a shame to see them disappear.

The scariest words you can hear. "We're from the government and we're here to help."
bob miller
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on "Facebook " and no intention of ever joining.
The constant inroads being made on tacking our every breath and action has totally corrupted "social media" I want no part of it.
And..no..I don't have a "smart phone "
These boards serve a good purpose, being a wonderful resource for education re the history we have a passion for.
Bob M. - a proud supporter of fountain pens and "snail mail "
Shawnee Mike
User

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the snarkiness and narrow minded posts that have killed this and the others.
I have not been here in 4 months. Nothing has changed.

I seldom post any longer. I am tired of arguing with people that cannot see past the ends of their own noses and dont have the common sense to understand that the information that we have is only about 2 percent of what life was like in the day.

The old days we could discuss things openly and look at different angles. the trend now is "This is how I see it and there is no discussion"

Until folks decide they dont have all the answers and are willing to look at the little tiny bit of information as a Hint of the period and not a manual for behaviour, There will be not much further to talk about.

It is very sad how the actions a just a few, can kill an entire section of a hobby.

kopfjaeger
User

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Mike.

Blade Monkey
User

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all.
I am new here, and would like to say I like it. I think that people tend to get stuck on the details and lose the big picture sometimes.

mtmike

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could find a way to purchase this site,,there is knowledge here folk,let's not let it die!!!
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawnee Mike wrote:
It is the snarkiness and narrow minded posts that have killed this and the others.
I have not been here in 4 months. Nothing has changed.

I seldom post any longer. I am tired of arguing with people that cannot see past the ends of their own noses and dont have the common sense to understand that the information that we have is only about 2 percent of what life was like in the day.

The old days we could discuss things openly and look at different angles. the trend now is "This is how I see it and there is no discussion"

Until folks decide they dont have all the answers and are willing to look at the little tiny bit of information as a Hint of the period and not a manual for behaviour, There will be not much further to talk about.

It is very sad how the actions a just a few, can kill an entire section of a hobby.

Mike,
Very well said. Fortunately this board hasn't had near the level of snarkiness that other boards have had, mainly because I am willing to ban people for bad behavior.

The bad thing is that the bad attitudes are usually only found online, at events, in person, people treat each other much better.

We all need to realize that we are in a very small, shrinking hobby. There is room for all of us despite out varying interests, authenticity levels, etc.

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmike wrote:
I wish I could find a way to purchase this site,,there is knowledge here folk,let's not let it die!!!

To purchase an item it must be for sale. I have no intention of selling this site or domain.

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mtmike

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good to hear Jason,,I for one just want it to live,not fall by the road.
kopfjaeger
User

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( quote ) Mike,
Very well said. Fortunately this board hasn't had near the level of snarkiness that other boards have had, mainly because I am willing to ban people for bad behavior.

The bad thing is that the bad attitudes are usually only found online, at events, in person, people treat each other much better.

We all need to realize that we are in a very small, shrinking hobby. There is room for all of us despite out varying interests, authenticity levels, etc.[/quote] )))))

I agree 100% Jason. Some of the other sites need to police up their sites like you do. Glad to here you don't want to sell the site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com