This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Sheep's Foot Blade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Ellerbe Knives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Sheep's Foot Blade Reply with quote

Wick, do you make or have you made a knife with a sheep's foot blade?

Morgan

LRB
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't made any, but no reason I can't. Are you looking for a trade type, or just a knife with a sheepsfoot blade?
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I had in mind Wick was just a very plain, simple German farmers working knife. Nothing fancy at all, just something that he would carry and use for daily chores on the farm and then in the woods while hunting.

Morgan

LRB
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do that. How long of a blade, and would you want the edge to run dead straight, or have a hint of a curve as it goes toward the point? To be PC I would suggest a boxwood grip, but I can do it in walnut or beech. I would price it the same as my trade knives.
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about between a 5 1/2 and 6 inch blade, slight curve to the point.

The knife will be the next item I purchase, ordering a couple of clothing items right now, so will have to save up a bit for the knife. Haven't really thought about handle material other than knowing it would be wood...boxwood sounds good to me. As soon as I can put enough pennies together, I WILL be contacting you Wick.

Morgan

LRB
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Morgan. Just let me know. It's your call, but I am running at about 6 to 8 months delivery. If you would like to order now, it might save you some waiting time, and I will not hold you to it if you change your mind before, or even after I get to it. That would be a knife I should be able to easily move if you declined.
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wick, if you are running 6 - 8 months back log, surely I could come up with the money in that length of time...might even be able to talk my way into that being a Christmas present.

If you're willing to take the risk of something happening that would keep me from being able to purchase it when you get it done, add it to your project list and let me know when you start on it and when it is done.

Morgan

PS
I would also want a very plain belt sheath for it Wick.

LRB
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take that risk with most all my work, and never let it bother me. It seems that there is always someone, somewhere who will eventually buy it if a customer cannot accept his order when completed, and that customer is still more than welcome to reorder later. I have lived long enough to know that there are good times, and bad times, and people can just change their minds on occassion. I don't want anyone to feel that they have to buy my work if they don't really want it, or if they get in a money crunch. Aside from that, what you are wanting may become a standard model if I think there would be enough interest in the sheepsfoot. And I think there may be. Thankyou for your order Morgan, and please be at ease if you cannot accept it when it's ready.
Morgan
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wick, I see that you now have the Dutch/Flemish knife on your web site, but there is no price listed for it. Maybe it's just my computer at home, but no price shows.

(edited) Never mind Wick....I see that you've already corrected it.

Morgan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Ellerbe Knives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com