This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Spike's Knives??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Brown
User

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Spike's Knives?? Reply with quote

Whatever happened to Spike? (E. Carroll hale III) Can't find him.

db

Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: I don't know... Reply with quote

David,
I think he had to get a real job, he used to be real active over on Frontier Folk. Last I had heard he was working with Chips Everheart (who still posts over there from time to time).
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Don Abbott
User

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can catch him over here sometimes:

http://p222.ezboard.com/bprimalfires

Check the "Traditional Blacksmithing and Metalworking" or the "Historical Reenactment" forums.

Don
Spike
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Still alive.... Reply with quote

I've had a lot of stuff going on for a while (both personal and professional), and dropped under the radar to get it under control. Things seem to be settling out nicely now, though...

Spike's Knives pretty much had to go by the wayside in the interim, as I didn't have a decent place to run my forge when we moved from Franklin to live in town in Seymour, but now that we've moved yet again, that situation has changed for the better.

I expect to be back up and running as soon as we finish fixing up our house... There's a nice little blacksmith shop nearby just around the bend in the road from our place, and the guy who keeps it going (it's a recreation of the original blacksmith shop that was here in the late 1800s, and it's owned by the local historical society) it is pleased as punch that there's now another 'smith in the area, and he's giving me a key to the shop and free run of the place... I've already moved some of my tools in, as well as piled a bunch of knife steel up under the rafters...

Once I get things arranged to suit me, I'll get with Jason and have him host my website again....

I'm definitely ready to get the creative juices flowing again, I feel like I've been away from the forge too long as it is...

BTW, I'm over at the board Don posted the link to, I moderate the Historical Reenactment forum as well as the Tutorials forum, and I am also one of that site's administrators.

--------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com