This site best viewed at 800x600 or greater resolution. Please support Our Advertisers. They make this site possible!

HistoricalTrekking.com
Small Horizontal Row
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
 CalendarCalendar   LinksLinks 
Friendship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmuchalek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Friendship Reply with quote

Hi to everyone
Just got back from Friendship after spending 2 days looking at plunder.
Some real works of art in all. Bought myself another Mike Miller rifle. If I can figure out how to post the picks I will. Mike had built it for someone else to be used in his indian persona. Sure glad that he changed his mind.
Also bought a Bill Smith Bag.

We attended the evening partys with our friends Daniel Boone and Gregg. Boy I'm starting to really like that Kentucky bourbon. Next day it helped slow us down so we had more time to drool over the items.

I personally think Friendship still has alot to offer to all aspects of our enjoyable pastime. I'm truly greatful that I was able to attend. Hopefully I'll be there for many more Spring and Fall shoots.
Kentuckian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait until you get a little nip of the homemade stuff we got back there in Cain-tuck - that'll treat ya right!

Glad to hear Friendship is still going strong. That was always one of the big highlights during the summer when I was growing up - going to Friendship for a week, shooting, and spending almost all the money I saved up over the past school year. Kinda miss those days!

If y'all have never been, you really should go see the elephant at least once.
steve welch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Friendship Reply with quote

You will like that Mike Miller gun. Did you buy the smoothbore he had with the small check in front of the trigger guard? I was tempted to buy that one myself. He said it was a real tack driver. I decided instead to stick with my original plan. I am bringing him a slab of walnut I cut out of our woodlot and having him make me an English style Fowler out of it. We hammered out the details Saturday and all I have to do is bring him some wood. Did you see the original Indian trade rifle that Wallace Gusler had in his booth. Very cool! Strange looking butt on that gun. I shot a match with John Curry and all too soon it was time to go home.
cmuchalek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: friendship Reply with quote

We all were drinking the best jelly this side of the 49th parallel. Wish I could get it home but I least drank my fill at the gatherings. I bought the early virginia in 54 with the cherry stock. It's about a 121/2" pull but it points nice and I'm looking forward to shooting it. Has a button and swivel with about a 40" Rice C barrel and a real nice cut at the muzzle. Mike is still building my 54 Tulle which will be cherry with a reworked lock. It will be about as PC correct as he can get. May be ready June 08.
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Miller Smoothbore Reply with quote

If anyone on this board buys that little Miller Smoothbore with the crack in front of the trigger guard, they will be promptly BANNED. *grin*.

I want Janna to see it, she has been wanting a smoothbore (I had Chuck Edwards make her a little .45 2 years ago) and Mike thinks that one will fit her well.
JG

P.S. I had a great time at Friendship, Ehrin and I went up Saturday morning and opened Mr. Ehlert's booth, in his memory. We got a chance to see old friends, do a little shopping and we even shot the Flintlock/Inline shoot over at Primitive.

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cmuchalek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Miller smoothbore Reply with quote

Hi Jason.
I almost bought the smoothbore but since he's making me a
Tulle 54 I passed on it. It is a wonderful gun which I'm sure your wife would love to own. Better hurry though because a good friend of Daniel Boone's and myself may be buying it. He sure would like to use it in his indian persona.
Tom Black
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Miller is simply a world class riflesmith. I can't imagine a more talented and gifted artisan than Michael. He is a fine soft spoken Kentucky gentleman and an all around good guy. Plus I consider him a dear friend. He has built me an awesome Virginia style rifle. And he will be building me a North Carolina style by years end and after that a smoothbore turkey killer. You won't be disappointed.
Tom Black
Cantucky
cmuchalek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: friendship Reply with quote

Hi Tom
I agree with you totally. Mike and his wife Kim are great. Mike has built me 2 fine rifles and in the next year I will have a Tulle 54 if the good Lord willing. I could talk to them all day long and still not be bored. I like the way he presents his product and especially himself. No bull and easy going down to earth. He is truly an artist well worth the wait.
Jason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I agree with you fellows, Mike is a great guy! I have a Cherry stocked .50 and I love it.

In fact, I only have one complaint against Mike, he won't ever get off of his butt and write the text for his website that I have designed for him! Once he does that, he will have a pretty neat site and you all can look at a gallery of his guns online. It'll be cool.

But anyway, I concur, I am going to have him build me a pistol in the not-too-distant future and I have already spoken with him about a double flinter, I already have the barrels and locks for it. I had given them to Ron Ehlert last year. Unfortunately, we lost a good friend and in my opinion, the most gifted gun maker in the country when he passed away in January.
JG

Publisher:
HistoricalTrekking.com
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
Find all public pictures posted by %s View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HistoricalTrekking.com Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You must Register or Log In to post new topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to reply to topics in this forum
You must Register or Log In to edit your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to delete your posts in this forum
You must Register or Log In to vote in polls in this forum
Back to HistoricalTrekking.com